Thursday, September 1, 2011

Can I get an amen?

One year ago tomorrow I met my fiance. Well, technically it was kind of today, since it was a Thursday and the first football game of the year, but it was September 2nd.

I was visiting my friend Corina with the idea that maybe I'd move to Idaho for a bit, but I had gotten pretty homesick and decided that I was going back to California that weekend. In a desperate attempt to keep me in Moscow (she grew up in CA with me and knew the evils of getting stuck in Placerville) she told me she was going to find a cute guy for me here in 'Scow. I laughed and brushed it off, and Corina went to bed.

A little while later, she dashed out of her bedroom and told me her husband Dan found the perfect guy. She pulled up the Facebook profile of some undeniably sexy guy scowling at the camera. Alright, he's got my attention. I'm pretty sure I proclaimed as we were looking through his pictures (stalking to the tenth degree, of course) that he sure did look like my future husband.

After conferring with his roommate Ryan, it was decided that I was going to meet Sterling at the Vandal football game that Thursday night. So we met, we talked, we laughed, we flirted, we kissed, you know the drill. We spent the next two days together.

Then I moved back to California. I was pretty angry that this amazing guy I met had to live 800 miles away, but there was nothing I could do about it. I wasn't going to move to Idaho just because of this seemingly great guy who I hadn't even know for a week. So we spent the next few months talking constantly. My cell was never more than a foot away from me. We'd stay up til 3am night after night FB chatting. I had no idea what I expected from this, and I tried to tell myself that it was probably pointless spending so much time talking to and thinking about this guy, but I still couldn't stop myself. So i decided to just see where it went, if anywhere.

He talked me into coming up to Moscow in November for a football game at UI. Maybe it was crazy, but I did it. I took off work and drove 800 miles in one day. We had a great weekend together and were completely inseparable. Again, I went home and didn't quite know what to do. So I did the craziest thing there was to do. I applied to the University of Idaho for the upcoming January semester, I quit my job, I found an apartment in Moscow, and I picked up and moved my life to Idaho.

And now I'm marrying him in 2.5 months.

When you know, you just know.

No comments:

Post a Comment