Friday, September 2, 2011

Have I mentioned I love being a Vandal? 'Cause I really really do. Despite the trillions of annoying participants of the Greek system here, or long-haired hippies who throw their bucket hat across the bleachers and yell obscenities because our team missed a pass, or drunk girls who wedge into the crowded bleacher next to me so they can annoyingly flirt with my friend standing next to me all while constantly flipping their hair on me and grinding their rather large butt against me whenever a song comes on. Yeah, that last one really got on my nerves.

For the most part, the people here in Moscow really aren't bad. They're rather good, even. It's easy to make pleasant small talk with the people sitting next to you in class, it's rare you come across a bitchy girl who just stares at you (though it does still happen). I've yet to encounter a rude professor. The family I nanny for is incredibly nice (both parents are professors, maybe that's why?). The cashiers at Winco and Safeway are nice and patient with me when I'm sorting through my wallet trying to find my coupon for tampons. People always stop in the middle of the road to let me cross on my way to school.

And....I get to wear REALLY cool shirts ;)   It says 'Mighty Vandals' on the front. Yep, it's kinda my new favorite shirt. PS: I totally used a coupon on it :)


Moscow is a pretty nice little place.

No comments:

Post a Comment