Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Shape of a Mother

The Shape of a Mother:

http://the-neff-family-blog.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-shape-of-mother-submission.html

Two different blogs I read posted this article this week. It's amazing for any pregnant woman to read. I've been self-conscious lately because my stomach has definitely gotten much bigger, but I don't think it looks like a pregnant bump yet. So I'm convinced that everyone just thinks I have a giant, flabby belly that I let hang out all the time.

This woman's story really puts things into perspective and makes me so thankful that I'm even able to experience all this, flabby tummy included. I'm not saying I'll never be self-conscious about it again, but this really helps change the way I look at myself and this new body I'm receiving. I'm thankful for this time with my baby while he/she is busy stretching me out and making me sick and everything else that comes along with the wonders of pregnancy.

PS: The website this woman wrote this story for is pretty touching, as well.

http://theshapeofamother.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment