Saturday, October 22, 2011

When I grow up, I wanna be a housewife.

Today, I realized what I'm meant to do with my life.

Be a housewife.

My sister probably just had a heart attack when she read that. Tara, don't worry, that was mostly a joke. I'm going to have a degree and career. That's important to me. But when I (hopefully) get to a point in my life where I can just be a stay-at-home mom, oh goodness, I'm gonna love it.

Sterling worked all day today. And I got a million things done.

I went to Michael's and bought wedding and craft supplies, I went to two different hardware stores and bought Sterling a toolbelt and some tools (the right ones even!), I went tanning (I know, it's bad), I went grocery shopping (and lugged around 4 cases of Diet Coke on my own, I must add), I spent some time at Walgreen's figuring out insurance & prescription stuff, I did 3 giant loads of laundry at the laundromat (that was the biggest pain), I hung up all the clothes (mine & Sterling's both--he keeps most of his stuff at my place since he doesn't have a room at his apartment anymore) and cleaned the whole apartment, I cleaned out the car (okay, only partially), and I made pico de gallo.

It was the most accomplished day I've had in a long time. I mean, I know anyone can run errands, but I enjoyed it and did a really good job getting everything done! Someday, I'm going to be the multi-tasking housewife extraordinaire. 

Until then, I'm stuck failing science classes and carting other peoples' annoying children to and from school, Spanish lessons, and swim practice. Cool.

Also, today I discovered that Sterling has been using my good, expensive conditioner on his beard. Men, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment