Monday, November 28, 2011

Wedding: Part 1.

I haven't blogged for two weeks. I guess that's what happens when you get married and go crazy and go to Vegas and have Thanksgiving and life happens. So here is the first of probably many posts about all the festivities.

So, we're married. And it's wonderful. It was crazy stressful and I cried plenty of times and my face is still very broken out from the stress (nice, right?) and few things went as planned, but it was still wonderful. At the end of the day, it was our wedding and we're husband and wife and we couldn't be happier. It was perfect in that messy way of perfection that probably only a wedding could be described as.

Of course, there was a giant blizzard the day before our wedding, which pretty much paralyzed my Californian family with fear, which in turn freaked me out. But I think they eventually realized that cars still drive, weddings still happen, and life goes on normally when it snows in Idaho. There are a number of people who swear they will never visit me again in Idaho, regardless of the circumstances, unless it's August, but that's okay. Sterling already agreed to drive to Californian every Christmas, so it all works out. Let's just hope I never have a baby or surgery or any life-changing event during the months of September-June.

The wedding ceremony was perfect, which helped me relax a ton. Sterling was crying as I walked down the aisle, which was by far my favorite part of the whole wedding. I can't even describe how that feels. Then after that there was a blur of hugging people, and pictures, and glitter everywhere (that's what happens when your bouquet is wrapped in glittery gold ribbon...oops.).

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment