Saturday, November 5, 2011

birth control?

I have to start this off by saying that we're getting married in TWO weeks! So crazy. I can't wait. I can't wait to be in SE Idaho, to have that studly guy be my husband, to see all my family and friends, to go to Vegas, and to have Thanksgiving with my wonderful in-laws. I want it all to start happening now. Alright, I'm done with the wedding rant.

In other news, I'm no longer dying to make a cute baby. I'm okay with waiting until I'm 35 now. Taking care of 7-year-old twins 24 hours a day has quieted my aching womb. They're a handful.

Yesterday, as I picked them up from school, the first thing I had to deal with was a tantrum (ON THE CLASSROOM FLOOR) over three homework problems. The rest of the night was full of tantrums and fights over everything I asked her to do or said no to. No, you cannot play the Wii. Tantrum. No, we can't have dinner yet, the pizza hasn't been delivered yet. Tantrum. Eat your dinner. Tantrum. Brush your teeth. Tantrum.Go to the bathroom before bed. Tantrum. Bedtime. Tantrum. Really?

This morning was full of tantrums, fighting, and lying. My patience was pretty much gone. Then we had ice hockey practice to go to. Um, do you know how much gear is involved with that sport? Confusing gear, might I add. My kids are never playing hockey. So trying to get all this said gear on a 7 year old in the middle of a tantrum while her brother is sneaking around, doing things I specifically told him not to do, while distracting his sister, making my job even harder? No thanks. Then once we finally got to the ice rink, she asked where her hockey stick was. Um....at home. So I race back to the house and grab all the kid-sized sticks I can find and shove them into my car, only to get back to the rink and see that someone lent her a stick already.

And now I'm letting them watch TV so I can get a break, which I probably shouldn't be doing. My mom has always told me that my own kids won't be so difficult, because they'll be mine. And I'll have raised them on my terms. She always assures me it's not the same as taking care of other peoples children. I sure hope she's right. I don't think I want to find out for sure for a long time though.

No comments:

Post a Comment