Monday, December 3, 2012

36 weeks

Today, I am 36 weeks pregnant.

I'm big and uncomfortable and getting crankier each day.

For awhile now, I've been feeling like Brynleigh is going to come early. A few days ago, I was convinced I was about to go into labor. After a couple of days of nothing, I decided that I just need to get used to the fact that I'm likely going to be pregnant until January. Watch me go until 42 weeks. So here I am going to be, watching for signs of labor every single day for the next six weeks. See, this is why I'm cranky. This is the hardest part of my pregnancy. I think all the morning sickness of my first 16 weeks was easier to deal with than this waiting game. Ugh.

Anyway, so I'm 36 weeks. One more week until full term. Four more until my due date. My lower back is hurting me everyday, I can never get comfy, I wake up 3-5 times every night to pee, Bryn has dropped, I've gained about 22 pounds altogether, still no stretch marks or swelling (and it better not start now), and I. Am. Ready.

Our nursery is entirely ready, as of today. Her changing table came today and I built it all by myself. Honestly? I was secretly hoping that all the exertion of struggling to put that thing together would send me into labor. No such luck.

I know, I know, she'll come when she's good and ready and that'll be what's best for her. But dang, I am not a patient person. I want my baby here. We are ready.

I guess I should want her to wait to come until after I finish all my schoolwork for this semester. I still have an 8 page research paper, five finals, and four other smaller papers to write until I can be done. Stinkin' school.

Anyway, there's the update. Cross your fingers that the next update will be a birth story. Wishful thinking, I know.

Half of the nursery. I need to do some decorating still, but we've got everything we need. PS: I love my glider.

No comments:

Post a Comment