Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Receive this blessing from the hand of the Lord, with a thankful heart. D&C 62:7


This town seems like it's cursed lately. Within the last month or so, three of my high school friend's brothers died, two from car accidents and one from a drug overdose. Another friend's dad also died in a car accident.

I've known about them all, but today was the first time I really thought about it. I drove past the tree where one of the boys crashed and died. There were still skid-marks on the road, which always gives me a super eerie feeling. There was a big wooden cross on the tree with flowers, picture frames, and "Happy Graduation" balloons all over.

It's really humbling to realize how much other people are suffering and going through, while I'm spending my time letting myself get consumed by my mediocre issues and stresses. It definitely makes you see the bigger picture.

I'm so lucky and grateful to have everything that I've been blessed with. I've got wonderful people in my life, I'm healthy, they're healthy, we're all alive and thriving. I don't know what I've done to receive so much goodness in my life, but I am so so happy I have, and I want to do everything I can to be deserving of it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment