Friday, March 16, 2012

spring break!


 Well, for the past week, Sterling and I have been enjoying our spring break in the lovely Southeast Idaho. We took a long route down to Grace last Saturday. While driving, I realized that I had been on those same roads with my parents a good 7 years ago on one of our random road trips we used to take. We went by this recreation area called Three Devils near Lolo Pass, which my dad talks about all the time. Back in the day, we stopped there and my dad took a picture of my sister, mom, and I standing under the 'Three Devils' sign. He thought it was the most clever, hilarious thing. So when we drove by it last weekend, I had to take a picture standing under it then send it to my parents.

We also found a delicious little Italian cafe to have lunch at in Florence, Montana. While eating, Sterling discovered that we were about 20 miles from a polygamist community in Pinesdale, MT. So, of course, we made a detour to go check it out. It was pretty cool and kind of weird, it was this little community behind a forest. They had these nice paved walkways all around the community (I like to call it a compound, Big Love style, but Sterling tells me that is wrong) and lots of families out in their yards. I was pretty excited to see real polygamists, haha. We went into this cute little country store, and I'm pretty sure the lady who owned it was a sister wife. So cool :) Here's a picture of Sterling standing next to the Pinesdale sign.

Kooskia, ID. It was a long, curvy drive.


One of the main reasons we came to Grace for the week was so that Sterling could have some job interviews. Monday, we went to American Falls for his interview with Lamb Weston. Tuesday, up to Blackfoot for Wada Farms. Yesterday he talked to his dad's cousin who owns Stoddard Farms. So now we are just playing the waiting game to hear back about everything! I think Wada is our top pick right now. I've been looking for houses in Blackfoot. I can't wait for him to secure a job so that we can get everything else figured out for sure! Less than 2 months. So excited!

Monday night, we went to the hot pots in Lava Hot Springs. It was my first time going. It was nice :)  Tomorrow morning we're leaving at 5:45am to go to Twin Falls to watch our nephew Lincoln in a wrestling match. Sterling loves wrestling so he's pretty excited. Then, tomorrow night we are going to a Vandals game at Utah State!! We got invited to a tournament (CIT I think?) and won our first game, so it's on to beat the Aggies tomorrow. I've turned into a pretty avid college basketball fan this year, so it should be pretty fun. Sterling's momma is going with us :)

Speaking of basketball, this March Madness thing has sucked me in pretty badly. The Husband and I both joined a group online with his friends and filled out our brackets, and it's pretty intense. I've been guilty of yelling at the TV pretty crazily on more than a few occasions. The Duke game tonight got me going. Can you believe Duke lost in the first round to a 15 seed team?!? I was a little livid, seeing as I had Duke in the championship game.

Oh, and you know that whole being healthy thing we were doing so good at? Yeah, turns out that doesn't work so well when visiting the Stoddard house. The pantry always has a variety of candy in it. And there is a delicious taco bus in Grace. And while in Pocatello, we couldn't resist a Chinese buffet. At the beginning of the week, I tried really hard to keep us on track (Sterling asked me to as well!) but then I found myself with a husband who would fiercely moan whenever I suggested we put on our yoga DVD and who would come downstairs with chipmunk cheeks and try to convince me that no, he was not sneaking Robin Eggs. So I kind of gave up. We will be back on track once we're home in Moscow, eating veggies again and not having treats in the apartment.


Just for a visual aid, this is what our week started out like....



....and then it kinda went downhill and this is an example of what it amounted to. Whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment