Monday, January 2, 2012

So long, 2011.

I feel like I should do a post about 2011, but I have no clue how to even write about it. It was probably the craziest, most stressful, most random, and absolutely the best year of my life to date.

I left California for good and moved out on my own for the first time after applying to the University of Idaho on a whim because I met Sterling in Moscow the fall before and spent probably close to every hour of the previous four months talking to him in some form.

Wait, four months and I moved to a different state for this guy? When I was 17, I got homesick while I was a summer camp counselor in Tahoe for a week. I was never big on leaving my comfort zone. So how did I manage to just pick up and move my entire life all of a sudden like that? Without ever even thinking twice about it and never regretting it even a teeny bit?

No clue. I don't know what I was thinking. But something made me do it. I don't remember being scared even, really. I guess that all just proves that it really was the right thing to do.

So thank you, 2011, for giving me, um, for a lack of a better word...balls. Thank you for getting me out of my comfort zone, for getting me out of the trashy black hole that is Placerville, thank you for making me come to the wonderful state of Idaho, thank you for my lovely, wonderful husband, and thank you for teaching me oh so very very much.

2012, you've got a lot of work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment