Thursday, January 26, 2012

money matters.

As many of you have already seen on Facebook, I chopped off my hair. Like, all of it. This is the shortest it's ever been--I can't even put it in a ponytail!!! It's different, which is always nice. It doesn't take an hour to wash, comb through, and dry anymore, which is the nicest thing ever. Buuut...I'm still getting used to it. It's definitely shorter than I wanted, and I'm still trying to figure out how to style it. So in the meantime, I'm kind of self-conscious about it. I'm hoping that will pass soon though, because I really want to really like it! I'm hoping that my impending purchase of a new straightener later today at Walmart (which by the way, just opened up in Moscow yesterday!) will help me feel better about it.



On the track of purchasing things, I've decided we need to seriously revamp our spending habits. So far in January we've spent $353 on groceries. That's crazy for two people! I don't even know how it happened. I've just started planning out meals and shopping trips, but I think I need to do a better job on those even. I want to start really doing a good job building our savings this semester! Our family finance class this morning got me thinking about all these adulty money things we need to get serious about.

I also purchased us a private insurance plan this morning. We've been looking for one, and we got in touch with an agent from Grace yesterday so he really helped me feel more comfortable making those kind of decisions. So we're on the track to becoming all adult! Ha. All this financial stuff is a little scary. But I'm really doing my research on how to save money in various ways the best I can. I found that if I pay our utilities bill with our credit card (then pay that off right away) we get 5% back! That's my victory for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment