Thursday, January 12, 2012

back into the rush.

School started yesterday. I'm not incredibly happy about it. It does look like my semester shouldn't be too hard, though. Statistics is the only class I'm real worried about. It's going to suck. Sterling and I are taking a Family & Personal Finance Management class together. It's an intense class with a ton of work. I'm not looking forward to it. Sterling doesn't think it should be too bad though. Guess we will see. At least we can help each other.

I'm working 5 days a week now instead of 3, which is kind of exhausting and annoying, but my bank account will like it. The kids I nanny are pretty dang difficult lately. Seven is not a good age. Sterling started his new job at the potato culture lab on campus, and he likes it. Con Agra called him for an interview in Washington, but then he told them he won't be available until May, so they said to call them back when it's closer to that time. It's good to know that people are actually paying attention to his applications though, and that they think he looks good. It gives us some hope for a few months down the road. And I wouldn't really want to live in WA anyway.

Sterling downloaded an Ebay app on his phone the other day. I'm not really sure why. But now I'm kind of obsessed with it. I'm trying to buy complete series of our favorite shows on DVD for super cheap. It's kind of dangerous.

Speaking of dangerous, is my husband when we have a bit of a cushy bank account. "Let's buy a gun!" "We're going to Bali this summer!" "I can go through a 12 pack of pop a day!". Seriously. We're going to be broke by February if we go at this rate. I wanted to get cable, but I cannot fathom paying $50 a month. The cheaper packages don't have the channels we want, and I'm telling myself we shouldn't get it just for the sake of having TV.

You know, I really want a house and cable and internet and nice couches and a bed that isn't a couple mattresses on the floors. I'm over this whole college-living thing. 5 months from today he graduates!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment