Wednesday, April 4, 2012

moscow, you crazy.

Moscow is crazy lately and it's kind of getting on my nerves. The last few weeks has been back and forth weather-wise. Like, snow, crazy hail, rain, sun...everything. Yesterday was a gorgeous day. Sunny and warm even. I hear it got to 61 degrees, which in Moscow is t-shirt weather. The little girl I nanny even declared she was going to 'put on shorts and have a picnic'.

Every morning, the first thing I do when I wake up is look out the window next to the bed. This is what I saw this morning:
 

I'm sorry, are you kidding me?! This picture doesn't begin to capture the intensity of the giant snowflakes that were swirling all around. Sterling and I walk .8 mile to school every morning (I just google-mapped that, even!), and this was NOT fun to walk in. When I got to campus, I looked in a mirror and realized that almost all my mascara on one eye had washed away due to snowflakes melting on my lashes the whole walk. So I'm a little funky looking for now. 

We might be making a quick trip down to SE Idaho this weekend. It's the only weekend that really works for us to go see our hopefully-soon-to-be new apartment. I have to say, the management company is really getting on my nerves, however. They aren't the most helpful and seem annoyed that I keep bugging them. You'd think they'd be happy to have someone so anxious to sign a lease! But I'm just going to keep bothering them until that apartment is ours! So ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment