Monday, September 19, 2011

time.

Lately I've been upset that Sterling and my parents don't know each other better. I'm really close to my parents, and he's obviously a huge part of my life, so it's weird to me that those two big parts of my life barely know each other. It makes me sad that they're not close, because I really want them to be. That's important to me.

I've spent a lot of time with Sterling's family, so I feel pretty close to them. Sterling went home with me for spring break, so we stayed with my parents for a week, but they were working a lot and Sterling and I weren't seriously talking marriage at that point, so I don't think anyone really felt a big push to get to know one another super well quickly.

I know it just takes time, it's just hard in the meantime. It's hard living 800 miles from my family, and I know it'll take awhile for them to get to know each other well, since we'll probably only be able to visit a few times a year. And of course, me being me, I get caught up in looking too far ahead and worrying even more. Like, what happens when we have kids? I want my parents to know their grandchildren well, and that's hard to do if they only see them a few times a year, especially since kids grow so fast! It's sad. I love living where I do, but it's so hard being so far away.

I wish my parents would move to Idaho.

No comments:

Post a Comment