Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Finally!

Alright alright, I haven't blogged in over a month. Oops. I decided a month or two ago to blog less (I'll go into that in another post), but not quite this infrequently! So anyway, here is a long overdue update.

I'm a little over 26 weeks along now! And I'm getting biiiiig. Here are my 25 & 26 week pictures:

I

I really don't know where this little girl is gonna go for the next 14 weeks! I'm going to be toppling over forward! I actually called my dad sobbing a few weeks ago because I was so big and in pain and my clothes didn't fit and I had no idea how I was going to last until the end of December. It was a bit of a pregnancy breakdown, haha.

Anyway, I've gained 12 pounds (though it feels like much, much more) and none of those pounds have seemed to find their way to my chest yet. Sheesh. My arms are getting a little extra padding though, how nice. Oh, and I have no butt anymore. My stomach has sucked it forward or something. I'm happy to say that I still have zero stretch marks though!! That's a perk for this crazy pregnant body.

Brynleigh moves around SO much! She actually got her first nickname last week--Trout. The best way to describe how her movements feel is like there's a fish flopping around in my stomach. She seriously kicks and punches and tumbles and flops all the time. And she found my ribs, which she likes to kick and rub against while I'm sitting in class. But she's fun! I feel like she's developing a little personality already :)

I feel pretty good most of the time, but I have been getting a lot of aches and pains lately. My hips and lower stomach and lower back kill me sometimes, especially when I'm on my feet for more than 15 minutes or so! I don't know how any pregnant women exercise! I can't even make a trip around Winco without being in excruciating pain by the time I get back to the car.

We're trying to plan a quick trip to California in the next few weeks so I can have a baby shower and see all my family. We were planning on going in the beginning of November (once Sterling is done with spud harvest), but my doctor says that's too late in my pregnancy (it'd be 32 weeks) and he'd be worried about blood clots and hypertension on the long road trip. SO we're frantically trying to move it up a couple of weeks, but we're not sure if Sterling can take off time that early since they might still be in harvest, which they need him for. So I'm just crossing my fingers that we can work something out here soon. I'm really excited to go to get some good sushi and go to Apple Hill when we get there. I am badly craving both and can't wait to get there! The whole 12 hour drive thing isn't so exciting though.

Anyway, everything is going pretty well for the most part. It's been pretty tough lately because Sterling is working a TON. He's been having to leave by 4am and doesn't get home until between 8 and 10 at night, and then he has to go to sleep immediately so he can get up and start it all over again. So he's kind of a stranger around here lately and I've been having a hard time with that. BUT I just have to get through a few more weeks and it'll get a lot better.

My mom flew up last week for a visit, which was wonderful :)  She kept me company and we did lots of shopping and fun stuff. Brynleigh got a little spoiled by her Gramie! And my mom bought me my first pair of maternity jeans. I was not digging them but she convinced me. And I'm glad she did because they are SO much comfier than trying to squeeze into my pre-pregnancy jeans everyday! Now I just need another pair.

My momma and I :)


I think that's about it for now. I'll try to update a little more frequently!


No comments:

Post a Comment