Tuesday, March 20, 2012

baby fever.

I don't have school Tuesdays. So basically, after I drop off Sterling at school, I have the day to myself until I go to work at 2:40. I have a major problem with spending too much money on Tuesdays, seeing as how I usually end up at Walmart or the mall.

Today was a Walmart day. To be honest, I can even remember what my 'reason' for going in there was. But I somehow ended up in the baby section. And I spent a good 15 minutes there. At one point, I even got a little teary eyed. And I almost bought some onesies for Baby Stoddard (who, by the way, won't be making an appearance for a good two years or so). So here I am, walking around getting all mushy and emotional over these cute little tiny outfits as I'm trying to decide which ones to buy. There's an adorable one with little clovers all over it that I grab, then I put it back, worried that Baby Stoddard will be born nowhere near St. Patrick's Day, and I'll have a poor little baby who looks silly wearing festive clovers in September because he'll outgrow it by March.

I think that's about when I realized that I was going a little crazy. So I put down the clovers and started walking away. Then a little girl onesie caught my eye, and I tried to convince myself that I should buy girl baby clothes, because HEY! We know someone who is having a girl! So I walk around getting teary eyed over girly onesies that I'm telling myself will be a gift to The Ackermans when really I know deep down that since Baby Ackerman won't arrive for another couple of months (nor will we see them before then probably) that means I'll just start hoarding baby clothes in our apartment until May and let's face it, that won't help my whole aching womb problem. And my husband will probably think I'm going crazy.

So, somehow, I made it out of Walmart with nothing in my shopping bag that feeds my baby obsession.

I know, I have issues.

I know that it's good for us to wait a couple years, and I know that we won't regret waiting! It's just a little difficult in the meantime. And it doesn't help that we're surrounded by babies and/or cute pregnant women all the time. I'm a little embarrassed to admit how often I daydream about babies.

Again, I know I have issues.



Aside from the baby subject, Sterling and I found a townhouse in Chubbuck that we're absolutely in love with. It's perfect and it has everything. It allows dogs, it has a washer, dryer, and dishwasher, it has a garage, it has granite countertops, it's in a good location, it's just perfect!!! We want it so bad. I emailed the owner, and she said they can't hold it until May, but she thinks there will be another opening in these townhouses soon, so she'll keep us updated. Oh goodness, I don't think I've ever wanted to live somewhere so badly. But I know, I know, if it's meant to happen, then it will. I'm still anxious in the meantime, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment